I just want to open this post with a huge thank you to Deo over at Deo Volente! He was awesome enough to nominate me for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ Award which is just completely amazing. I have been doing my best to dedicate myself to this blog ever since starting at the end of January, and this is just one huge motivation to keep going.
What truly makes me happy is that this sort of validates what I have been trying to do, which is just brighten people’s day by either making them laugh, feel better about themselves (by laughing about someone else), or to motivate/inspire them in any way possible. It is something that I really look forwards to continuing as I never thought I’d end up with 2 followers let alone the 200 that I’ve got right now. In addition, through creating this blog, I’ve had the opportunity to not only put a little of myself out there but to bump text with so many awesome individuals. The sheer volume of amazing poets, writers, and bloggers out there simply blows my mind and I’m so glad that I’ve got a nice full plate of unique and one of a kind writing to sample each and every day*.
Once again, thank you so much, Deo! On a day where I spent most of the night worrying about the future, only got three hours of sleep, had a mind numbing day of work, and got drug into the ground by statistics homework, this was the coolest and most uplifting that that could have happened. You’ve officially made my week.
(Just in case you missed it, here’s Deo’s blog: http://dshenai.wordpress.com/ )
Now, as per the rules of the award, here’s 7 things about myself:
1. I very rarely take anything seriously. Not that there aren’t things to take seriously, mind you, it’s just that there is so much I don’t see the point in sweating over the small stuff when a smile would do just as fine instead.
2. I have an unhealthy love for cupcakes. Not cakes. Not brownies. Cupcakes. (The key to my heart is made out of butter cream.)
3. If I could suddenly have any job in the world, I’d choose to work in the communication department for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
4. I’m a sucker for just about any animal , wild or domestic, though my absolute favorite happens to be a cat named Mr. Peeches (spelling intentional).
5. I have an irrational fear of zombies and bears. I also have a very rational fear of stupid people.
6. As of next month, I’ll be receiving my Associate’s Degree in English and also receiving an E-Commerce certification. Together, they should both land me a job working absolutely no where. After that, I’ll be perusing my bachelors in something far more lucrative: Communication. Yes, I do realize how poor my future looks and yet I’m completely okay with this. 😉
7. If I’m not writing, studying, or working, I can normally be found outdoors enjoying the day. I’m an avid nature nut who is currently planning a move to the Cascade Mountains where I can successfully get lost in the woods, and will probably be eaten by some terrible beast (for worst case scenario, see #5).
* As part of the award rules, I get the opportunity to nominate 15 other blogs which is going to be awesome!