Awww shucks, folks! I got nominated for another award! 🙂 This nomination came from the awesome IndyTony over at his blog A Way With Words.
“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!”
First, a million thanks have to go out to Indytony for being kind enough to nominate me for this. I wish I was a far better writer and I could express just how awesome it is know someone thinks my writing isn’t too shabby 🙂 As a restate from my previous post, the fact that this little thing mentions that I could even possibly inspire others really gives me the motivation I need to keep barreling on, and putting as much work into this that I can. For that, you’re eternally in my book of awesome, Indytony!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
The realization that all the characters I’ve ever written, all of the poems, and each and every message and theme I had ever come up with weren’t doing a whole lot of good face down in a pile of half puppy chewed papers.
2. How did you come up with the name to your blog?
Not going to lie: I was looking up a word to name it and I wanted one with a hook. So, I sat a long time and came up with a word I thought fit it perfectly, only to find it actually wasn’t a word. Instantly, the possibilities started rolling around in my head since I could now write my own definitions for a word that didn’t exist. Thus, A is for Amuseless was born.
What is your favorite blog you like to read?
Ohhh, what a terrible question! Is there a blog I don’t like to read? This isn’t a cop out, by any means. I honestly have become quite addicted to blogs, and I have to say that I really, really just enjoy going through and seeing how many people out there give little scraps of their soul via a few hundred words of text.
Tell about your dream job.
I’d just about beat a bear with a teaspoon to work at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in their communication’s department.
Is your glass half empty or half full?
Full! There are days when I have let a bit splash out, but those usually end up being the days that give me the means or inspiration to go back for another glass. Or three.
If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go?
The Carpathian mountains in Romania. Nearly said the Roman Forum, which comes in a close second.
What food can you absolutely not eat?
I just got laughed at for actually asking out loud ‘Man…what food don’t I like?’ which I think is a pretty good answer to this question.
Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark. I’m talkin’ pitch black on this one. Over 80% caco and I’m entranced.
How much time do you spend blogging?
Hmmm, I really have to figure out how many hours. At the moment, I insure that I have posts for every day of the week, except two which usually end up being Thursday and Sunday. Overall, I’d imagine it to be quite a bit.
Do you watch TV, and if so, what are some of your favorite shows?
Through Netflix, I enjoy the mind-enthralling-time-sucking episodes of Psych, White Collar, Dr. Who, Firefly, Reaper, Merlin, Scrubs, and Better Off Ted.
5. Deo Volente
7. Every Monday
I just want to open this post with a huge thank you to Deo over at Deo Volente! He was awesome enough to nominate me for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ Award which is just completely amazing. I have been doing my best to dedicate myself to this blog ever since starting at the end of January, and this is just one huge motivation to keep going.
What truly makes me happy is that this sort of validates what I have been trying to do, which is just brighten people’s day by either making them laugh, feel better about themselves (by laughing about someone else), or to motivate/inspire them in any way possible. It is something that I really look forwards to continuing as I never thought I’d end up with 2 followers let alone the 200 that I’ve got right now. In addition, through creating this blog, I’ve had the opportunity to not only put a little of myself out there but to bump text with so many awesome individuals. The sheer volume of amazing poets, writers, and bloggers out there simply blows my mind and I’m so glad that I’ve got a nice full plate of unique and one of a kind writing to sample each and every day*.
Once again, thank you so much, Deo! On a day where I spent most of the night worrying about the future, only got three hours of sleep, had a mind numbing day of work, and got drug into the ground by statistics homework, this was the coolest and most uplifting that that could have happened. You’ve officially made my week.
(Just in case you missed it, here’s Deo’s blog: http://dshenai.wordpress.com/ )
Now, as per the rules of the award, here’s 7 things about myself:
1. I very rarely take anything seriously. Not that there aren’t things to take seriously, mind you, it’s just that there is so much I don’t see the point in sweating over the small stuff when a smile would do just as fine instead.
2. I have an unhealthy love for cupcakes. Not cakes. Not brownies. Cupcakes. (The key to my heart is made out of butter cream.)
3. If I could suddenly have any job in the world, I’d choose to work in the communication department for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
4. I’m a sucker for just about any animal , wild or domestic, though my absolute favorite happens to be a cat named Mr. Peeches (spelling intentional).
5. I have an irrational fear of zombies and bears. I also have a very rational fear of stupid people.
6. As of next month, I’ll be receiving my Associate’s Degree in English and also receiving an E-Commerce certification. Together, they should both land me a job working absolutely no where. After that, I’ll be perusing my bachelors in something far more lucrative: Communication. Yes, I do realize how poor my future looks and yet I’m completely okay with this. 😉
7. If I’m not writing, studying, or working, I can normally be found outdoors enjoying the day. I’m an avid nature nut who is currently planning a move to the Cascade Mountains where I can successfully get lost in the woods, and will probably be eaten by some terrible beast (for worst case scenario, see #5).
* As part of the award rules, I get the opportunity to nominate 15 other blogs which is going to be awesome!